Frequently Asked Questions

Q - I am going to paint my house. What do I need to do?

A - Select a base/trim/door color from the approved list on our web forms page, submit an ACC form to the management company, and wait for Board approval. To avoid repainting or fines, please follow these steps.

Q: Do we have to submit a paint form if we have an original Melody color of paint?

A: Yes, all paint must be approved for trim, base and accent colors. Previously approved colors may no longer be approved. 

Q: If I want to improve or change my landscaping, do I have to turn in an ACC Form?

A: Yes, all permanent exterior landscaping/home improvements require an ACC form.

Q: How do I contact the trash company?

A: Contact Allied Waste at 303-287-8043 for all trash/recycle issues.

Q: Who is responsible for maintaining landscaping?

A: All homeowners are responsible for maintaining their front, back and side yards as well as property on the other side of fence that backs up to a public street. Ie. Rock beds need weeds pulled and sprayed on a regular basis in the summer and shovel during the winter months.

Q: What is a "management company," what do they do, and how do I reach them?

A: A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as: Collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in an advisor capacity. The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. The management company may be reached at:

  TMMC Property Management
  P.O. Box 1540
  Castle Rock, CO 80104
  Ph. 303.985.9623
  Fax 303.814.8267
  Online @

Q: What is the Board of Directors?

A: The Homeowner's Association again is a corporation and therefore a governing body is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitation and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in the Association governing documents.

Q: If I am having a problem with a neighbor for a violation of the Rules & Procedures, what can I do?

If residents cannot resolve a situation between themselves, then turn to your Association. Should you have a situation that does not appear to be resolved through neighborly means, and you are willing to actively participate in the enforcement provided by the Rules and Procedures, you may complete a violation report form and forward it to our association’s manager. If the situation is deemed in violation of the Rules & Procedures, the Board of Directors will institute the enforcement policy. Your continued assistance may be required.

Q: What happens if I don't pay my assessment?

A: The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Late payments will result in a late charge as assessments are due on the first of the month. In addition, the Covenants allow the Association to charge late charges and interest and proceed with a lien on your property, or foreclosure proceeding for nonpayment of assessments.

Q - What should I do about a barking dog?

A - Jefferson County has a web page specific to this issue, giving information on a solution, suggestions, enforcement procedures, and even mediation. Please go the following web site:

Q - I have an issue with my neighbor, what should I do?

A - Talk with your neighbor in a positive way to let them know what the issue is at hand. They may not even know. The next step would be contacting the appropriate authorities such as the sheriff, animal control, or social services. As a last resort, you can contact the Board or management company in writing via a letter or email. Please state what the problem is, how you have attempted to resolve it, and what you would like from us.

Q: If I want to serve on a committee, how do I find out what committees are active and how I can get involved?

A: Contact TMMC by phone or email to advise of your interest.

Q: Why did WestGold Meadows sell the property behind the pool which also backs up to the homes in our neighborhood?

A: The property has never belonged to WestGold Meadows.  We have not sold nor do we plan to sell any of our common property.